Monday, December 29, 2008

Aftermath

What a nice Christmas we had this year...broken up nicely by my parents' visit and then a quick trip to N's parents' house a few hours north of here. We were home Friday afternoon so N could play in a wedding on Saturday (rehearsal was Friday pm), which meant that we had a lovely, no-stress, calm weekend at home with the dog. It was so nice just to spend time together over a long weekend.

Of course, today it's back to work. I'm trying to finish up some projects related to my dissertation. Finding it hard going sometimes...working on book chapter revisions but getting bogged down in editing what others have written. Need to submit abstracts for two meetings that are due in early January. And then there's the rest of our lives...endo follow up for me tomorrow...whole-house humidifier getting installed Weds...infertility follow up 1/12...

My incisions aren't healing as well as I would like. I guess it's time to bust out the antibiotic ointment, to see if that helps at all. I've also gotten frustrated trying to figure out why what we are doing isn't working. I was actually kind of happy with the hydrosalpinx diagnosis, because that helped explain why I wasn't getting pregnant. But without that, we're back to a questionable semen analysis and (I suppose) unexplained infertility.

That's something I think I will ask more about at the next appointment. I want more information on the semen analysis - it was kind of an afterthought at the initial appointment. And I want to know what they saw when they did my surgery. I have had weird cramps after sex the last few days (woo hoo, the 2 week ban was lifted!) and not sure what those are all about. I guess I just feel like hey, did they miss something? Becuase some mildly questionable sperm don't seem like they would be causing this much trouble. And if we go with IUI's...well...should we do the medicated ones? Unmedicated? Argh...

No comments: