I'm not used to this blogging/journaling thing...so not a lot of regular posts from me. Hm. Anyway, I'll try to do better with that. I usually have several things bumping around in my head, it's just that I forget that I have a place to dump them now. :)
On the medical front, I had kind of an up and down week. I had a procedure scheduled for Wednesday, during which they were going to shoot dye up into my uterus and then take x-rays. Fun! But it had to be scheduled during a particular part of my schedule (post-bleeding, pre-ovulation, if you want the details). I told them when I called (on CD1) that I have short cycles so coming in on day 4 would probably be best, instead of waiting til CD11. They disagreed. So I scheduled for CD11, knowing that it might backfire. And it did. I ovulated on CD10. And then they didn't want to do the procedure because there was a slight (very slight) chance that I could be pregnant. I mean, so slight as to be almost hilariously nonexistent. *sigh* The doc was actually willing to chance it, but I wasn't. After some thought and consultation with N, we decided to wait another cycle. I was kind of ticked, too, because we could have done an IUI this cycle, but because no one called me back the evening that I got the + ovulation predictor response, it was too late by the time I talked to the nurse the next day. Argh argh argh. On the (semi-) plus side, I faxed my blood sugars in to the diabetes nurse educator, and we're still holding off on meds. I'm sure they'll want to start them eventually, but they want to just monitor for another 3 or so weeks. I find it kind of interesting, the patterns that my body has. And I'm kind of intrigued by the fact that my sugars don't seem to be that related to what I eat. Huh. Anyway...So that was the week in medical news. I will have the rescheduled HSG, assuming all goes normally with this cycle, on November 26th. The day before Thanksgiving. The day we have to head up to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. I hope I'm not too crampy, because that would really suck.
There have been a lot of other things to think about this week. N had been contacted by the head of another company in his field. The guy is thinking about starting a new branch, basically, that would be on the other side of the business from where N has worked for the past 10 or so years. He wanted to talk to N about coming on board and working on this new project. So they met yesterday at a mutually-agreed-upon Starbucks. N found out that not only would he be coming on board with a new project...he would essentially be running it. As in, responsible for the whole shebang. And, it would involve him being away from home for 4 nights a week for the foreseeable future. Which could throw a major crimp into our plans to start a family. And would mean that I'm all alone the majority of the time in our wonderful new house in our fantastic new community. But on the other hand...he is not being challenged at his current job, and they are not using the skills and talents that he has...not to mention the knowledge he gained from our time out east...in the best way. This would be a great step forward for him, professionally. It's just...how does it fit into our lives? What can we do to make this work, if this is what he wants? And what happens when I finish my post doc? We have a LOT of things to think about...I keep thinking that it would have been sooo much better if this had come up even 6 months ago - when we were trying to decide where to go and what to do when I finished the dissertation. But it didn't - it came up now and we're going to have to make the best decision for us as a family. Who knows what that will be, either?!?!?
Speaking of family...the biggest change in the last week has been the arrival of Simon. Simon is a 3 year old beagle we adopted from the humane society on Tues. We saw his picture late last week, and visited him on Saturday. He was probably abused in his previous life, poor baby, and so he's not quite adjusted to being in a home where no one wants to hurt him, etc. He has a decent amount of energy - on walks, for example - but when we are home, he mostly lays on his bed and watches me do things. He was not crate-trained before, so that is causing a few hurdles. But for the most part, he is a fantastic and loving little dog who just wants to be with his people. We love having him around - me especially, particularly when N is out of town.
And N is out of town tonight and tomorrow. A band he plays with has a gig in the next state over, and he won't be back until midday on Sunday. I will miss him....but I have a feeling I'll muddle through just fine. There is a lot of college football tomorrow, :>, and I have Simon to keep me company. I made my favorite favorite dinner last night - and so I have leftovers to eat all weekend. :) So that is good.
I'm going to try to write more frequently so I can get the thoughts in my head out on paper...or on screen..with more regularity.
And now, it's 5 pm on a Friday, my husband is out of town, and I have a bottle of wine that is calling my name. ;) Wine has very little in the way of carbs, did you know? Just have to watch the calories...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment